NRA Personal Protection In The Home Course - LTC-003
This is up to an eight-hour course. Students should expect to shoot approximately 100 rounds of ammunition. Students will learn basic defensive shooting skills, strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation, firearms and the law, how to choose a handgun for self-defense, and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection In The Home handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, and course completion certificate.
NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home course is for law-abiding adult citizens, as defined by applicable federal, state, or local law, and experienced shooters (shooters able to show mastery of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing the firearm, and cleaning the firearm) to maximize what can be learned from this course. Proof of shooting experience can be one of the following: NRA Basic Pistol Course Certificate, NRA FIRST Steps Course Certificate, NRA pistol competitive shooting qualification card, military DD 214 with pistol qualification, or passing the Pre-Course Assessment.
Please download and read our Liability_Waiver.pdf
- Ear and Eye protection (electronic muffs preferred)
- Shoes – comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion and suitable for training outdoors. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Semi-Automatic Pistol or Revolver (9mm or .38 Special Minimum Caliber)
- At least 100 rounds of factory ammunition. NO RELOADS
- Two functional magazines (semi-autos) or speed-loaders (revolvers)
- Comfortable clothing, knee-pads (optional)
Scheduling for 2022 - Check Back Often or click below to be added to the mailing list.