FBI says 1 in 5 homes will be victimized by
a violent home invasion or burglary
Make Sure Yours Is Not the 1!
You don't have to be a statistic. YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE.
Attend our REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM® Seminar and you can learn the personal safety tips and techniques you need to avoid dangerous situations and AVOID BEING A VICTIM.
Safety experts agree the single most important step toward ensuring your personal safety is making the conscious decision to Refuse To Be A Victim®. You stand a much better chance of preventing criminal attacks if you develop a safety plan before you need it. That is why we are offering the NRA Refuse To Be A Victim® crime prevention seminar.
Considering the importance that most families place on smoke detectors and fire escape plans, it’s worth knowing that you are more than three times as likely to be the victim of a violent crime than you are to be the victim of a residential fire, and you are more than 58 times as likely to be assaulted than you are to be injured in a home fire.
The seminar includes classroom instruction on a variety of crime prevention strategies, from criminal psychology to automobile crimes to cyber crime. Seminars can vary in length and may be modified to suit the needs of a particular audience. This is not a firearms instruction course and does not include instruction in physical combat or self-defense. Seminars teach about common weaknesses that criminals may take advantage of and teach a variety of corrective measures that are practical, inexpensive, and easy to follow.
Strategies include home security, carjack avoidance techniques, cyber safety, and the use of personal safety devices. A complete seminar may last as long as eight hours and include the entire lesson plan, but a modified seminar may be as short as 90 minutes and address specific topics. Students will receive the Refuse To Be A Victim student handbook, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim® brochure, NRA Become A Refuse To Be A Victim® Instructor Brochure, Refuse To Be A Victim® Firearms Supplement, and a course completion certificate. In just three to four hours, you will get the tools you need to develop your own personal safety strategy.
Some of the topics discussed will be:
- The Psychology of the Criminal Mind
- Know what criminals look for in a victim
- Creating a Safe Room & Home Protection Plan
- Situational Awareness and Avoidance Techniques
- Internet and Cyber Safety
- Home & Phone Security
- Carjack Avoidance Techniques
- Automobile & Travel Security
- Personal & Technological Security
- Use of various Personal Safety Devices (Tasers, Stun guns, Batons, Pepper Spray)
- Self-Defense Tools and more!
- Home Invasions and Burglary
- Interacting with the Police
- What to do if you do become a Victim
- How to stop Sliders in their tracks
- Criminal use of Bump Keys and Prevention
- Security Window Film
- The 6 second garage door break-in and how to prevent it.
- Malls & Parking Garages safety concerns
- Layers of Defense and making your home a hard target.
- Mental Preparedness & Controlling Fear
- Lighting, Alarms, Dead Bolts, Windows and more
- Rape Statistics and Prevention
- Banking & ATM Scams
- Cyber fraud & Electronic Theft
- Cyber-stalking & Cyber-bullying
- Workplace & Personal Security
- Local Crime Statistics and much more.
"FBI statistics say 3 out 4 women (75%) will be a victim of a violent crime at some point in their life".
This NRA course focuses on proactive courses of action, rather than reactive. Criminals prefer easy targets. By making yourself more difficult to prey upon, you lessen your risk of criminal attack. That means having a personal safety strategy in place before you need it.
The NRA Refuse To Be A Victim® seminar covers topics that pertain to both men and women. The information covered is appropriate for young adults, women, the disabled, parents, senior citizens etc. In addition, the Refuse To Be A Victim® program materials also include special teaching modules for parents which discuss tips for children ages preschool to college, the handicapped, and more. Women-only seminars are also available.
Refuse To Be A Victim® was developed by the National Rifle Association in 1993 in response to nationwide requests for crime prevention seminars. Members of the law enforcement community across the country have endorsed the program. The program is appropriate for teenagers and up. With more than two thousand instructors, seminars have been held in 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Trinidad and Tobago. Tens of thousands of men and women have benefited from the program and its life-saving message.
Attendees will receive:
- The Refuse To Be A Victim® Student’s Handbook
- The Refuse To Be A Victim® Student’s Handbook Firearm Supplement
- The Refuse To Be A Victim® Program Brochure
- The Become A Refuse To Be A Victim® Instructor Brochure
- The Refuse To Be A Victim® Seminar Completion Certificate
Watch the NRA Promotional Video Below
If you would like to schedule a Seminar for your group or organization, please contact us today.
September 9, 2023 - 08:30 AM - 12:30 PM - $150